27.1.07

Republikansk senator roder i container...

Sen. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.) returned to Capitol Hill this week with a prominent gash on his forehead after he was knocked nearly unconscious back home in St. Paul while -- of all things -- dumpster diving.

The Senator assures me he wasn't digging for food, or trash that he might treasure, or even a Vulnerable GOP Incumbent's Guide to Distancing Yourself From The Iraq War While Still Looking Tough On Terror.

Nope. Coleman says he was "looking for something that my wife accidentally threw in the dumpster."

That was his elaboration to my original question when I saw him Tuesday night in Statuary Hall following President Bush's State of the Union speech, which was, "Senator, how did you get that big cut on your forehead?"

"I was digging in the dumpster," he deadpanned.

Reacting to the "oh-dear, bless-his-heart, a-dumpster-diver" expression that I couldn't hide, Coleman explained he was looking for an "antique lamp" that his wife had somehow thrown in the dumpster behind their house in St. Paul. They're doing "major reconstruction on the house," Coleman explained.

He was vague about what exactly whacked him in the head. (His office explained later that it was "a piece of wood.") But whatever it was, the impact was so hard that he "saw stars." Senator Coleman considers himself a lucky man that he didn't pass out in the dumpster in the freezing St. Paul temps.

And luckier yet that he retrieved said item that his wife, Laurie Coleman, a model and actress, sent him into the dumpster to fetch. "I did get the lamp," he said, pumping his fists, giving the universal symbol for, "I'm a big tough man and my woman digs it."

Kilde: WaPo

Ingen kommentarer: